Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Wade. My scagg freedom mower died on me. I was cutting

Customer Question

Hi wade. My scagg freedom mower died on me. I was cutting on an incline when I heard the engine change sounds. I killed the blade deck then turned it off. I forgot to check the oil before I started and assumed it was getting hot. I checked the oil and sure enough it was very low. I put in a quart and let it cool down. After an hour I tried to start her and it won't turn over. Motor isn't siezed. Is there a thermostat preventing me from starting?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Can you manually turn the motor with a wrench on the flywheel nut on top? Is starter turning the engine? There is no reset to keep it from starting. If engine is turning, it has to be loss of fuel or loss of spark. Check the fuel solenoid in the carburetor, it has to open as soon as the key is turned on.