Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I need a replacement engine CV25S spec-69534 on

Customer Question

I need a replacement engine for Kohler CV25S spec-69534 on my MTD Z2554?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! There are two short blocks available on Ebay.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Kohler-OEM-Short-Block-24522264-CV25-/181250710909
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was looking for a long block, a complete engine and I'm told the CV25S-69534 is no longer available and that the replacement CV730-0025 is also no longer available, but that another option available is PA-CV730-3130 is compatible. When I checked availability on that one a dealer in McHenry, IL said he can get it, but he has a CV740-3141 has all the same specs as well and he has that in stock at a lower price. Will both those 2 motors bolt in without any issues?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You don't want a short block? The CV-730-3130 has longer crankshaft, old engine is 3 5/32
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
minor difference other than that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So are you saying that the CV740-3141 should work just fine? I found it for $400 less than the CV730-3130. I'm asking your advice on which of these 2 motors is the best fit for my MTD Z2554? Thank You!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Go for the CV740, it would be my choice!