Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Mower quit and when I go to start it the blade seems to be

Customer Question

mower quit and when I go to start it the blade seems to be engaged even with everything in neutral. the key kicks the blade mechanism like it is still connected. I tried jumping the battery. I wonder if I have a piece of wire or something wrapped around the blade. It is a troy-built tuffy 18 hp 42 inch blade
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you see the long model number?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
number letter combination?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Blade is manually engaged with cable or linkage. Is the spring loaded idler moving when you engage and disengage the blades?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Belt has to loosen, or the deck stays engaged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone number is(###) ###-####. I got the engine to start after freeing the belt which had stuck to the pulleys. But before driving it I checked the oil and it was over filled. My step son had added too much oil. I also spilled oil from the dipstick onto the exhaust manifold I hope because when I closed everything up and drove it to my truck it began to smoke.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Just drain oil down to the full mark. Be sure it does not have gas contamination! The oil smoke will clear, and the worst thing that could happen would be it may foul the plug!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did it work out? Thank you.