timoto
timoto, Technician
Experience:  40+ years experience, Honda silver level tech., Honda power equipment tech
8313095

I'm trying start my eu6500is after inadvertently leaving gas

Customer Question

I'm trying start my eu6500is after inadvertently leaving gas in tank for one year..stupid mistake on my part but I would like to come up with a conveynient (? sp) way of draining carb gas when engine is turned off.
Thanks, otterhoods.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  timoto replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link to a parts diagram for that model for reference:http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Generator/0/EU6500IS%20A/CARBURETOR/parts.htmlThe drain screw is #6 in the diagram. The best procedure is to add fuel stabilizer to the fuel tank, run the generator with eco throttle off, turn the fuel petcock off, ad allow to run until the engine dies. Then drain any remaining fuel from the carb by loosening the drain screw with a shallow pan below the generator to catch the remaining fuel.
Expert:  timoto replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this. If yes add a reply, if no please rate my answer so that just answer can credit me for assisting you.