Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My cub Cadet will not start. It quit on me while mowing and

Customer Question

My cub Cadet will not start. It quit on me while mowing and the oil light came on and it flashed CH6 and the number 550.3. It also flashed what looked like an H and the word oil. My Kohler engine model number is ***** Serial number(###) ###-#### Family type KHX5.725GB. My manual says that the oiling is by pressure and splash so I assume it has an oil pump.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!Looks like two unrelated items. The code CH6, and 550.3 is the mower telling time for oil change. The 550.3 is the hour meter reading. But mower dying should not have anything to do with that. SV700 series is a twin engine. And would die only if it lost spark to both cylinders or lost fuel. Do you have spark if you remove a spark plug and ground it? If you have spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole , re-install the spark plug and see if engine will start for a few seconds. If it does, you have lost fuel to the engine. Is the electric fuel solenoid in the base of the carburetor opening when you turn on the key? It has to have 12 volts to open.