Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a new Ryobi c430 eater. I bought it a few weeks

Customer Question

I have a new Ryobi c430 weed eater. I bought it a few weeks ago and have used it three times. Today it ran awhile then it died. It started after a few minutes. Ran a few minutes then died I tried to start it and it wouldn't start. I am going to go back
later and see if it will start after it cools off. It has the gas and oil separate. I don't store it vertically. I follow the directions on how to start it. What makes it so hard to pull the rope to get it to start? I would take it back to Home Depot if I
could but the 30 days has expired. Help please.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Most likely it is hard to pull because it has gotten oil into the cylinder and is pushing against the piston. This would also cause it not to start. Take the spark plug out and pull the rope several times to get the oil out. The clean the spark plug andput it back in. Then try to start it. It will smoke a lot if you ever get it started while it burns the oil out of it. This is a unit that we have a lot of problems with. If you cannot get it going, I suggest that you contact Home Depot and ask them who does their warranty work and let them mess with it.Please don't forget to feabe me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.