Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  auto-diesel graduate. small engine and John deere and silver certified in stihl.
34138167

MY STEERING NOT WORKING,the steering slips.I replaced the worn

Customer Question

MY STEERING NOT WORKING,the steering slips.I replaced the worn out gear twice. Replaced the lower bushing .and gear twice. Its hard to turn.and it starts to slip again. Do i have to replace the whole steerin
The steering keeps slipping.Replaced the worn out gear twice, the lower bushing,yet its hard to steer and starts to slip and wear out the gear.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rex L. replied 2 years ago.
Jack up the front end and see if the spindles are turning easy in the front axle. If not they need taken out and cleaned then new grease. Make sure the front tires are lined up and not toed out or in. If you have the front tires toes out it makes it hard to steer and will wear out gears. They only way to fix it is to buy new drag links as the new ones are adjustable and you can adjust so tires are straight.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i also replaced the new drag links,but i have not made any adjustments to front tires i will try that. Ill keep u posted .
Expert:  Rex L. replied 2 years ago.
Thats fine
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering if you got it fixed.
Please rate my response.