Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Doug . I have a John Deere 175 Hydro that

Customer Question

Hi Doug my name is Tom. I have a John Deere 175 Hydro that once it mows for 10-15 minutes starts to sputter. I have replaced the spark plug; the ignition coil; and the ignitor. Still when it gets hot it starts to sputter. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Have you checked the fuel system? Good flow of fuel to the carburetor? Engine has a pulse fuel pump and fuel lines need to be away from the exhaust, or it can vapor lock. Does your carburetor have the electric solenoid in the base of the carburetor? It has to stay fully open and can be affect by heat.