Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My unit pull to the right when trying to go forward

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok while cutting grass the drive belt came off i got from the unit put the belt back on and the unit when trying to go foward the unit was very slow and not controlable push right handler hard unit would not respond
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Make and model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dixon ztr 44 cant find anything else below the floor it read speedztr
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Drive belt has to be loose or off the pulley on the right side. Look at the idler spring to see if it is keeping the drive belt tight. Dixon has a poor parts book and owners manual! Here is link to it. I'm looking at 2006 model. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.dixon-ztr.com/ddoc/DIXI/DIXI2006_USen/DIXI2006_USen__I0609008.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir
Thank u very much for your assentice, however it didnot help, i went to the belt instilation and found that it didnot put me on the right track, the diagram must be for anotjer unit but for sure not mine, so i just sat there and played around with belt and figured every way that it could go any way i blunded. Upon the right way and it workedout again tj
Thanks for your effort. J.r.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Good job!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Onesly, i had already checked what u sujected and had no opertunity to see what u really know so what would i be rateing, from your point if i had no machanical background i would say u could be rAted a7 because u went from a point to start but far from the actuail problem.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The problem with my response was the lack of the correct model.