Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

Replacing caburetor on my craftsman dlt 3000 with briggs 18.5

Customer Question

replacing caburetor on my craftsman dlt 3000 with briggs 18.5 ohv engine. new carburetor 794572 is a replacement for the oem part i took off. it has a sliding choke rod. trying to figure out how that works with the throttle linkage. instructions say it is for engine models 210000,280000 & 310000 vertical crankshaft. my engine is briggs 31p777 0296 e1
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I have a manual I'll send you. See picture on page 84. http://1drv.ms/17461Tu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This will be most helpful, my confusion was that the nikki replacement for the original walbro comes with comes with the plastic 'lever' for a manual choke which my engine does not have, i am assuming i will just not use that piece as i do not plan to convert to a manual choking system and connect the throttle as it was on the old carb.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
OK