Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My JD L130 was running well 1st 4 or 5 passes.

Customer Question

My JD L130 was running well for the 1st 4 or 5 passes. Started popping and smoking, stopped and will not start again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. Can you check the oil and see if it's thin or smells like gas? . Was it smoking from the muffler ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, when I check the oil was a little low so I added more oil. As I orderedwrong word. as I opened it and added the oil smoke was coming out of the oil tube. when I added the gas by the way I added something called mechanic in a bottle. my son told me it would clean out the carburetor and it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would ungunk everything.
If you have added a whole bottle it may have been to much for that engine , can you drain the carb bowl and tank
My concern is putting that whole bottle in that tank is some of those additives are made for a 20 gallon tank and your mower can only hold maybe 3 gallons or 5 , so it will overpower the gas , draining the tank and carb would be the first thing I would do