Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I was cutting my grass and my lawn mower just shut off. I turn the key and I hear a loud c

Customer Question

I was cutting my grass and my lawn mower just shut off. I turn the key and I hear a loud click and depress the pedal but the tractor does not turn over. I have a cub cadet 1525.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Can you turn the engine with the flywheel screen on top? You my have to remove the screen and put a wrench on the flywheel. If engine is seized, be sure there is nothing under the unit, jamming the pulleys and belts. That would mean the engine has internal failure!