Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

J.R.,, I've got a Toro 7.0 1900 cc lawn mower and it won't

Customer Question

Hi J.R.,, I've got a Toro 7.0 1900 cc lawn mower and it won't start?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The first thing to do is to put a small amount of fuel in the air intake (After you remove the air cleaner. Then try to start it. If it runs for a couple of seconds and dies, then you have a carburetor that is not getting enough gas.You will have to clean the carburetor AGAIN.
If not, then you should remove the spark plug and hook it up to the plug wire and lay it on the head of the engine . Pull the rope and look at the spark plug and check to see if you have any spark. If you do not have spark, then it is likely that you have a bad ignition coil.
Those are the two most common issues with these engines.
You could get into the valves and such but that can get tricky.
LEt me know what happens and I will be glad to continue with you further if needed,
Please don't forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way I get paid by this sites for my time.