Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  auto-diesel graduate. small engine and John deere and silver certified in stihl.
34138167

My X360 won't climb my hill like in the past. It has low p

Customer Question

My X360 won't climb my hill like in the past. It has low power.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The transmission is the primary area of concern. The engine and everything else works great. I have replaced the drive belt to the transmission and the filter and oil change on the transmission a few days ago. The power is greatly reduced after about 10 minutes of climbing hills.
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
When these transmissions are going bad it starts showing up after the trans starts getting warm then starts slipping. They don't offer a complete rebuild kit for these so you have to buy new transmission. Sorry don't have better news.
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering if you got it fixed.
Please rate my response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saw your reply to my question. I asked the local John Deere Dealer (Green Diamond in Sussex NB Canada) and they suspect the same. Brought the tractor to this dealer and the mechanic changed the oil and filter and replaced the oil with a higher viscosity multigrade 10W30 weight oil. Inspected the used filter and oil and found metal fragment deposits. The mechanic feels the pump in the transmission is wearing on the brass fingers for lack of a technical word. The cost of the overhaul versus replacing the transmission would need to be determined.
Rex, thanks for your time and effort.
Gary
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome