Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a troy bilt bronco riding mower that will not start.Has

Customer Question

I have a troy bilt bronco riding mower that will not start.Has a new battery and you turn the key and the lights are on but all you here is a clicking noise.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. It sounds like the starter solenoid is gone bad , the starter solenoid transfers power from the battery to the starter. When they go bad they just click . Here is a link on how to test it . To locate your starter solenoid trace the thick cable from the starter back , the other end will be bolted to the solenoid . Once you locate it you can try jumping the solenoid by touching both post with a screwdriver which will make the motor turn over . Here is the link http://homeguides.sfgate.com/tell-starter-solenoid-bad-kohler-riding-mower-engine-101991.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks will try that out
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok please let me know if that works , if it does , you will need to replace the solenoid . Mark which wires go to each post and unhook the battery when changing it , also please don't forget to rate my answer so I get credit for helping you