Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a 5.5 hijab-1038c generator . It starts runs a minut

Customer Question

I have a 5.5 hijab-1038c generator . It starts runs a minut or less and quits running.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. How long has it been since the generator ran , I would first try draining the carburetor bowl, if there is old gas , debris or water in the bowl it will not run
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
In available to communicate here and may be able to call in a while . When did the generator last run
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was running in the first week in April. I drained the fuel bowl .changed the fuel pump. And it still doe not stay running. I get a code 3.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm unfamiliar with the codes , I can opt out and see if one of the professionals that is more knowledgeable with codes can help you
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
Are you still needing help with this?
.