Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I Have a fairly new Chain saw and I have not used it since

Customer Question

I Have a fairly new Chain saw and I have not used it since last spring, its a 16 in. Poulan pro and the on/ off swich will not turn on, if I try to force it, it will break, and Im moveing and have the owners manuel packed some where,LOL, I can not remember if theres something I have to do to release the swich, Need some help here, thanks, ***** *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,try pulling out the blue choke lever to see if it pops the red switch lever up. If not you may need to adjust the spring clip under it.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
There is a spring clip that is used for the latch and shut off that is too tight putting too much tension against them.Remove the top cover,you will see a screw and washer that hold the red lever on.Remove the screw and pull off red lever t expose the spring clip.I use a pair of needle nose pliers to try to squeeze it closer together.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Did suggestion help?