Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a John deere 320 mower. It will run couple minutes

Customer Question

I have a John deere 320 mower. It will run for a couple minutes and die. Can put choke on and start it,will run for few seconds,or sometimes it'll work fine but soon as you turn it off it will just keep dieing. I've put new carb,plugs,coils, control modular, pulsar coil and fuel filter. Fuel pump seems to put out good flow. What else could it be besides burn it to the ground.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Try bypassing the fuel tank and the line from tank to the fuel pump. Make a test line and see if it will run off a separate fuel container. With twin engine, it would not loose spark, so it would seem to be a shortage of fuel. Maybe trash in takn or the line from the tank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bypassed the tank and line and still has same problem. Thinking it is the line from pump to carb or carb picked up some debris
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Check the needle valve and passage, it only takes a small piece of debris to plug it!