Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

My super z 72 in cut with kawasaki engine surges then

Customer Question

My Hustler super z 72 in cut with kawasaki engine surges then stalls after getting warm. Will run fine for a half hour or so. I can sometimes keep it running by pulling the choke out. i am certain it is a fuel delivery problem. My local small engine mechanic changed the fuel pump and solenoid, and cleaned the carb. Im wondering if it may be some sort of a vapor lock. It has good spark when stalled and will run again after cooling off.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this
how many hours on it, what is the year
let me know,please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it is approx a 2012 model with about 600 hrs. Will have to do more checking to be more accurate. Also it is liquid cooled.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Morning yes this sure sounds to be a fuel problem,not electrical, reason being, still has sparkhave you ever adjust the valves on itthat needs to be done every 200 hours