Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Engine will fire but not accelarate. should throttle body

Customer Question

engine will fire but not accelarate. should throttle body be closed in start position
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Did you examine the examine the float and needle valve when you had the bowl off? The needle valve may not be letting enough fuel in to the bowl to let the engine run above idle. Throttle flap should move with throttle cable. But can be closed at start. What is the engine model number? Example(###) ###-####B1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you read my response? No need for a $50.00 phone call if I don't have the information I asked for. I need to know the engine model number, and if the carburetor has an all metal needle valve. Or a rubber tipped needle?