Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a LA110 John Deere garden Tractor. In early spring when

Customer Question

I have a LA110 John Deere garden Tractor. In early spring when I serviced the mower I noticed it was not moving well. It is 7 years old with 218 hrs onit. I called the local John Deere dealer which I will never use again unlees they get a new service Mgr. I told him what was going on he had the tractor for 3 weeks called said it was done. He did a routine service which I did not ask for. I said did you check the sluggishness. He did not. He replaced the drive belt but told me the transmission is going bad. He said they are junk. It seems to run fine but when it warms up it gets slow going upgrade. Could it be the transmission?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Your transmission is not junk. Many times when this problem occurs, your drive belt is the first thing to check. We can eliminate your drive belt as a source of our problem, due to it being new.
The next thing to check, is the oil level in your transaxle. If your oil level is correct, and your oil is not contaminated, then the filter inside your transaxle is likely clogged.