Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Had charger checked out and it is working. I plugged it in

Customer Question

Had charger checked out and it is working. I plugged it in after having check and it worked about 30 minutes later I used the cart and now it will not charge The batteries are 2013. What is the rule about charging the batteries when not in use or when required, my cart sits 95% of the time thanks I did just change out one battery within the last 30 minutes
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Does the charger still come on when plugged to cart? Charger has to have at least 75 percent of battery voltage to close the internal relay and start the charge cycle. Do you have voltmeter to test voltage at the carts charger receptacle, the battery pack and each battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
yes?? What are the voltages, and does the charger come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the charge does not come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I change the cables and plugged in the charger it worked but after 20 minutes I unplugged it and use the cart when I returned and plug it in the charge would not come on I have changed out on bad battery
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Charger does not come on, so the voltage is lost somewhere. Problem in the primary circuit the charger wires, to the battery pack, through the pack, and back to the charger receptacle. You have a bad cable or a bad battery.