Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Kohler engine ACR not working. Not sheared key, I checked.

Customer Question

Kohler engine ACR not working. Not sheared key, I checked. What now?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Model number of the engine? What is the compression? Over 100 PSI? What have you tried? New starter, new battery. new cables? What is battery voltage when you try to start? The ACR on most Kohlers is on the camshaft and engine has to disassembled to get at it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use a 200 amp battery charger to start it and still it is hard to start. Impossible to start with battery. I take out spark plug and it turns over easily. Changed starter already. What should the compression be? I can check that. It has hydraulic valve lifters.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If it has over 120 psi ,the compression release is not working and the parts are on the camshaft gear. Assuming the model!