Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Ihave a troybilt 2700psi 2.3gpm power washer while using it

Customer Question

Ihave a troybilt 2700psi 2.3gpm power washer while using it to clean my siding after a long day the motor appeared to lock up and suddenly stop. the starting rope would not move.was afraid I ruined the engine. left alone for a hour or so and pulled starter rope. engine started on one pull as usual. did not have water connnected so I turned the engine off connected and tuned on water engine locted up again engine would run without stopping if water could be left off. have had washer since 3-10 never any problem
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I am inclined to thank the washer pump is what is locking up the engine! Not the engine locking up. Only way to know is to separate the two, and check the pump and engine. But a new pump is cheaper than a new engine!