Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  auto-diesel graduate. small engine and John deere and silver certified in stihl.
34138167

My name is***** have a John Deere LA110. I am the

Customer Question

Hello. My name is***** have a John Deere LA110. I am the original owner of it.I had been mowing with it and tried to make a small incline with it and suddenly it died. After pushing back home I started looking it over. I checked the oil and added a little. I checked the fuel filter, which was still new. I changed the spark plug.Before I replaced it in the engine, I put a littlte fuel on the plug to see if it were actually the plug or the fuel. It did not spark. The starter kicks off just fine, spinning the fly wheel.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
If your not getting any spark and the engine is cranking over just fine then most likely the coil went bad. It located under the engine shroud by the flywheel. You can take the small wire off the coil after you take top off engine and see if it will spark then. If you still don't get spark then it is the coil.