Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Husqvarna 142. I am doing some simple maintenance

Customer Question

I have a Husqvarna 142. I am doing some simple maintenance like changing air filter, fuel filter, etc. I got hung up on the fuel line because can't feed it back through the hole near the carb into the fuel tank. It's really tight (I know, by design), even though I have the same size fuel line. Any trick to making this easier?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!Cut the fuel line with a razor knife into a taper, think of a needle, with a taper on the line , you can slip the end through the tank, and use needle nose or forceps to pull it through.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Yes, my line is cut into a taper and I have needle nose ready to pull it through from the other side. Sounds like I just need to keep trying.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I always cut taper about an inch long, and that makes a fine needle, sometimes it is easier to go from inside the tank, to the outside, instead of the other direction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you. I will extend my taper further and give it a shot.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK , thanks.