Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Cub Cadet 2135 lawn tractor and my PTO will not engage.

Customer Question

I have a Cub Cadet 2135 lawn tractor and my PTO will not engage. Wondering what the troubleshooting tree might be for this problem.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked the Fuses and they are fine. Visually checked the PTO and it's not suffering from a broken bolt that keeps it from rotating (had that happen a few times in the past) and electrical connections are plugged in. Looking at the switch, I'm not sure about testing sequence or what the wiring diagram is for this machine.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check for voltage at the pto switch? System is the pto switch, a relay that the switch closes, and the relay powers the pto clutch. If you take jumper wires direct from the battery to the pto clutch connections, does the magnet click in?