Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Same type of thing, so I believe it could be seat switch, but

Customer Question

Same type of thing, so I believe it could be seat switch, but getting the place where the wires end, there is no switch at all. The wires connect to metal circles in the seat? Is cub cadet tank m60 2008
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Need full model number. Example 13A123W34 The seat switch is made up of the circles, as they touch each other to make contact. The circles are the contacts! Can you tie the two wires together and make the mower run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are actually many of the circles on two pieces of basically mesh. When I hold the two at the ends of the wires together it will still not work. To clarify, it runs, it just dies when I engage the pto. I am not sure that this is the model number but maybe 53AJ8CTX750
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is this just two wires are is there four wires for switch? If two wire, what happens if wires are not connected? Pto is seeing something hat says no operator! Seat, brake, arms or the pto switch can all cause engine to be killed. That is the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not the seat of parking switch. I have verified both. The mower dies when parking brake is taken off or when the pto is engaged.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't have to be the switch, it can be the harness between the switches, check for continuity between the switches!