Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We just purchase a Snapper mower, Model(###) ###-#### We assembled

Customer Question

We just purchase a Snapper mower, Model(###) ###-#### We assembled following the instructions in the Operator's Manual. We cannot get the cord to pull through smoothly. It will pull about six inches and we have to release slightly and pull again and get about another six inches. It takes about 4 tries to get the cord completely out. We called Snapper customer service and were told to loosen the wing bolts down on the lower part of the mower and then pull the cord and then tighten the nuts again - didn't work. I called again and was told that it had compression built up and we were to remove spark plug and try pulling the cord holding the blade control down - didn't work again. Can you help us get the cord to pull out smoothly so we can start the mower? Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for checking, but I called Snapper and the third person I talked to was able to correct our problem and it is working properly now. Please refund our $5.00 deposit. If I ever need help again I may call again. Phyllis Carson
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Customer has asked for a refund.