Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a fairly new John Deere 1025R tractor. It just started

Customer Question

I have a fairly new John Deere 1025R tractor. It just started this. Engine starts fine in neutral, as soon as you put it in gear it dies. No pto's on, Checked Oil, air filters, temp is fine, what should I look for?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can reach me by phone(###) ###-####Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, to many phones and email accounts. Phone is(###) ###-#### ***** is***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please call if possible
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The usual cause of this is a bad seat switch. The seat switch is supposed to let the engine know that nobody is sitting on the seat and kill the engine. If the seat switch is bad, then it will cause the engine to have no spark and it will die when you put it in gear. or other operations.
Please let me know what you find and if you need more help.
Please don't forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way this site pays me for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you check the seat switch to see if that is it. Can you put a jumper wire on it to by-pass it to check it out
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you usually jumper the two wires in the seat switch cable together and see if that fixes the problem. So not use the mower that way as the mower will not shut off if you fall off the seat.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know what you find and also please don't forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way that I get paid by the site for my time.