Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a TB32 EC model trimmer that absolutely refuses to start

Customer Question

I have a TB32 EC model trimmer that absolutely refuses to start even after spraying in starter fluid. I've checked both the spark plugs and the filter and they are clean.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Most of the time these don't start is because it is not getting enough gas through the carburetor. This means that the carburetor usually needs to be cleaned and rebuilt with a complete carburetor repair kit.
DO NOT use starter fluid on these engines as it will score the piston and cylinder and ruin the engine.
When you did use the starter fluid, did it fire and then shut off? IF so then it is definitely in the carburetor.
Let me know and I will continue to try to help if needed.
Please do not forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way that I will get paid by this site.
Stay in touch.