Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Our E-Z Go gas golf cart would not start - would not hit.

Customer Question

Our E-Z Go gas golf cart would not start - would not hit. We replaced the fuel pump, the magnito, the spark plugs and the carb. It now will just run slow with the fuel feed at max position and while running slow like this, it continues to backfire. After running like this for about 3-5 minutes it cleared and ran excellently, We then decided that it had "fixed" itself magically. So , we let it die, put the seat back in place and got on to make a test drive. It again went into its slow run/backfire mode. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Did you get the cart going? I would run a compression test to see if ti may have a stuck valve.