Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a John Deere L110 lawn tractor that has 31 hours of

Customer Question

I have a John Deere L110 lawn tractor that has 31 hours of use that I unfortunately let run out of gas last weekend. I refilled the tank and now will start and will run fine until I start to mow on an incline, (my yard is a hill), or will start but act like it is missing or I have water in the gas and eventually dies. I have drained the tank, lines and carburetor and added fresh gasoline. I also went on line and saw where someone said to take the gas cap off and see if it runs because of the air hole clogging up on the cap. I am about to take it in to a repair shop but besides the obvious "Don't let the gas run out again!" answer, is there anything you can think of I can check or do?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The most likely problem is that there is dirt in the carburetor that is plugging up some of the small passages in the carb.
It may have to have the carburetor taken off and cleaned.
Unless you have had experience in doing this, I would let the shop do it.
Running it out of gas does not usually cause this problem unless there is a lot of dirt in the tank...or water...
If you only have 31 hours on it, I would suggest letting the shop do it because you do not want to void the rest of your warranty.