timoto
timoto, Technician
Experience:  40+ years experience, Honda silver level tech., Honda power equipment tech
8313095

I have a EM3500x Honda generator. I had no spark and a carb

Customer Question

I have a EM3500x Honda generator. I had no spark and a carb problem and had the repairs done at the local shop. They rebuilt the carb and repalced the coil. It ran when I left the shop. It ran for a couple more times then would not start due to NO SPARK. I figured I would replace the coil and yes spark ! It started on the first pull ! I turned it off and on again and would not start. Checked for spark.. NONE !!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  timoto replied 1 year ago.
It may be a defective oil level switch. Try unplugging the switch from the ignition circuit. Locate the switch on the lower engine block. It has a green and a yellow wire going to it. Unplug the yellow wire and see if the problem is fixed.
Expert:  timoto replied 1 year ago.
Anything to report on this problem.