Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a Scotts/JD 2548 Intek. While mowing, I disengaged the

Customer Question

I have a Scotts/JD 2548 Intek. While mowing, I disengaged the mower while going over gravel. When I tried to reengage...nothing. I drove it over to the garage and turned off the engine. Now,it won't start...won't even turn over. Battery is fully charged. Please help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like you have a PTO switch that has gone bad. The switch controls not only the PTO but it has a shut-off circuit in it that prevents the engine from turning over when the PTO is engaged. IF that side of the switch is not working right, then it will keep it from turning over.
Before you buy a new switch, try turning the switch on and off sveral times and then try starting it. The PTO switch must be in the OFF position for the engine to start.
This may not be the problem but it does happen fairly often.
LEt me know what you find and we can continue if needed.
Please let me know if you need more information.
Please do not forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.