Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Jon Thanks a valuable service and I ain't

Customer Question

Hi, Jon
Thanks for providing a valuable service and I ain't kidding.
My Craftsman self-propelled mower has a Honda engine and is about 10 years old. Still runs well although a part here and there has been replaced,nothing with engine.
This season, after about 4 weeks I noticed that at mid-range throttle the engine surges. No sign of it at full throttle just mid to low setting and then the engine stalls. Other than that it starts first or second crank.
I store for winter by running dry with Sta-bil in gas, then remove spark plug and spray a little WD-40 in the cylinder and ease the rope a bit to coat all.
This spring it took right off until as above. Ideas?
RW
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. Have you tried removing the air filter and see if it still does it ? If not try that to eliminate ant chance of it being the air filter being it's 4 years old. If it's not that the next thing to check is the carburetor, if the venturi is partially clogged it can make it surge etc