Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The clutch won't engage with the PTO switch.but if you bypass

Customer Question

The clutch won't engage with the PTO switch.but if you bypass the switch and run a wire from the battery to the clutch it engages. I have replaced the seat switch the wiring harness and the brake switch what am I missing
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The pto switch has to close the pto relay, which sends the voltage to the electric clutch. If the pto switch tests good, replace the relay. There is only one relay on the unit , But be sure your reverse RIO switch is closed, as it breaks the circuit to the pto. If it hangs open, pto gets no power! # ***** is relay # ***** is RIO switch. 0002/0002026796____________A1.gif