Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Ez go hot resistor

Customer Question

ez go hot resistor
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! resistor is hot because there is something drawing power and the solenoid is open! So the current is flowing through the resistor. Test your f/r switch, it may not be shutting off. It can be bad controller , but need to rule out the other items. How old is the controller? It may have had a two year warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill test for switch controller is 3 years old all trap 400 I got new solonoid and resistor last night but when I hook up battery's resistor gets hot again with key off I noticed red wire from reed switch broke but don't know where it goes but shouldn't make resistor get hot
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Red wire from reed switch should go to the key switch, for power to key!??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try when I get home
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The reed switch is supposed to kill the controller when the charger is plugged in.