Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

There: I have an EZGO 36v electric cart that has been a

Customer Question

Hi there: I have an EZGO 36v electric cart that has been a valuable asset
for many years.. I am a technical guy with voltmeter, etc but my problem
is after usual use yesterday the cart just would not start up at all. checked
voltage on all 6 batteries and all together...even found one jumper cable
with .75 volt drop under load...getting warm and just needed to be tightened. The problem suddenly went away and cart was working...traveled 1000 feet or so and then it died....wait a few seconds and
there was a burst of "go" and would work for a second and then die. Let
it stand for a while and it works a bit and quits now quite reliably quits.
I have cart in the air a couple of inches on my forklift with wheels off the ground so testing under load is easy. Very odd, but now need some guidance. I can run it on the forklift for less than a minute and then it
quits...wait a few seconds and it will go again...very briefly...What do you think? What other test/s can I do?
regards, ***** *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Year model? From the tag at the passenger glove box area. Letter number combination, last two digits will be year. Does the charger some on when plugged to cart? What kind of control does it have? Older resistor pack, or newer electronic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H402(###) ###-####
Hard to believe that 52 is the year !these were the numbers on the plate above the bar codeWhat was your question about the the charger...when plugged in? it delays as normal and then goes to full charge and
voltage drops as charge continues....nothing else noted when plugging in.I do not have the cover off the controller right now but can remove it...the black cover is rounded a bit and does have the
toggle switch for "run/tow"this morning it would not run at all...I left the charger on last night to be sure the batteries were fully charged...I am (usually)
able to detect battery issues..
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
2002 is the year model! Here is site with the test for the TXT model. Just scroll down the opening page to find the tests for components.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://mrcarts.com/cat_ezgo_technical_info.cfm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WELL..I went to the site...printed the procedure and started making tests.... my unit is the DCS and I am following that
set of directions for tests... the ten pin connector shows battery voltage on the red wire...but they then prompt to check the black wire....NO black wire...there is a grey, blue...but also a green with black stripe....but no black wire....reading closely
they refer to the six pin connector....THERE IS NO SIX PIN...just the square 4 pin for run/tow switch and below it is an inline
4 pin and then another small likely 4 pin connector down below the resistor.
There is a red and black wire in the four pin in line....What next??
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You are testing the controller? Move on to the other components, solenoid, motor, foot switch.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/KO/koboma/2012-12-20_192525_ezgo_pds.jpg