Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet 7205 diesel. When try to start it I get

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet 7205 diesel. When try to start it I get no response. I continue to turn the key back and forth. It will not crank. After about 30 times of clicking the key I will start to hear a soft click each time I turn the key. Then the click will get louder and after a while the starter will finally turn over. Then it will continue to start very well until it sets over night, and I have the same problem again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have a voltmeter to test the switch wire on the starter solenoid? Need to know if when you turn the key to start, do you get battery voltage to the switch post of the starter solenoid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take a voltage check and get back to you.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.