Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have a cub cadet 1050 and kept blowing fuse. the ground wire

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet 1050 and kept blowing fuse. the ground wire to pto clutch is off. the pto swivels freely. is it supposed to do that? should I get new pto clutch and can they be replaced without to much difficulty?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
The clutch is NOT supposed to turn or Swivel as you have mentioned.IF it moves at all, it should only move about an inch back and forth. This will pull the wire out of the clutch.
You must find out what is supposed to hold the clutch in place and secure it in place. There is usually a pin or something like it that is supposed to hold the clutch to the frame.
The electric clutch can be replaces if you can get it off. There is a bolt that goes up the center of the clutch. Usually we have to use an IMPACT wrench to get it off.
You might find it easier to have a good shop replace the clutch for you as they have the knowhow to get it off and attach the new one and secure it in place. The clutch is the expensive part of the repair, the labor should only be about an hour which is usually about $65.00
Please let me know if you need more information.
Please do not forget to give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.