Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

I have 13 hp kohler on a John Deere lawn mower the engine

Customer Question

I have 13 hp kohler on a John Deere lawn mower the engine will not run unless constantly choking the carb., rebuilded the carb., replace all fuels lines, new mechincal fuel pump, and a new coil and spark plug.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
HI.
The problem still lies within the carburetor. There is at least one or more passages that are clogged up and not letting enough fuel into the engine through the carburetor.
You will need to clean the carburetor again and make sure that all passages are clean.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
It also could be the fuel solenoid that is on the bottom of the carburetor that is not operating. Listen for a "CLICK" by the carburetor when you turn the key to the ON position. If you do NOT hear a click then it is likely that the fuel solenoid is not operating. Check all connections going to this electrical part and if it still doesn't click, then you will need to replace the fuel solenoid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this carb. does not have fuel solenoid.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
your model doe not have the fuel solenoid then it is still in the carburetor. You are still not getting enough fuel through the carburetor