Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a 2 year old 455 Rancher. It starts and idles fine,

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old 455 Rancher. It starts and idles fine, but when I put it into a log and increase power it behaves as if it is flooding and dies.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. The problem is within the carburetor. Those carburetors have high and low air mixture screws, when one of the fuel/air mixture passages gets partially blocked it can't run right when gas is increased , on most cases to fix it you have to remove the carburetor and remove the gaskets, needle, pin etc and the fuel screen shot well as the air mixture screws and spray it out with carburetor cleaner and put a new gasket kit in etc