Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a LT 1045 that keeps blowing 20 amp fuse?

Customer Question

Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have yet to hear the answer to my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not the least satisfied with this have already charged my credit card and still no answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also left a phone number to keep from going through this.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!When does fuse blow? As soon as key is turned on? Or when the key is turned to start? If when the key is turned on, unplug the voltage regulator and test again. If not regulator, unplug the solenoid in the base of the carburetor and test again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After mower has been running, one time the blades quit then the fuse blew, one time just after it was turned off went to start again and fuse was blown.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
That sounds like a voltage regulator problem, does the charging system seem to keep the battery fully charged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been charging fine.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Blowing fuse while running, is always hard to diagnose, but I would try replacing the voltage regulator, It has diodes in it and if diode is bad, it will short out , and blow fuse when running. Also check the wiring to the light, you could have a short in them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a blown light bulb so I disconnected light socket after which it blew another fuse.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Check the light wiring for any damage or bare spot that would short out the wire.