Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

My jumpstart tiller was not used last year and had some gas

Customer Question

my jumpstart tiller was not used last year and had some gas in the tank. I drained the tank, added new fuel, cleaned the air cleaner and changed the spark plug. The tiller starts but will keep running. once it warms up it either stalls or stalls as soon as I hit the throttle. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Because there was gas left in it over the winter, that gas turned to gum and varnish in the carburetor and clogged up the small passages in the carburetor. You will need to take the carburetor apart and clean it out and rebuild it with a complete carburetor repair kit.
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave me a good rating as this is the only way that I get paid by this site for my time.