Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a been given a used Poulan "PP4218AV" PRO 42cc. Via

Customer Question

I have a been given a used Poulan
"PP4218AV" PRO 42cc. Via buying a few tiny parts, I have this unit starting & idling like a new unit, except for one major flaw. It's pumping vast amounts of bar oil out the bar oil "oiler"? (Really don't like an auto oiler, but it is what it is.) Is there any adjustment to this 'auto oiler' I can look for to adjust?
PS: I'm used to running a 55cc Husqvarna w/ an 18" bar w/ 3/8 pitch chain. Do you think think this 42cc Poulan with an 18" bar can push a 3/8 pitch chain assuming I don't over do it & always keep a very sharp chain on it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,there are no oil pump adjustments and unlike your Husky 55 as long as the saw is running it is pumping oil-even when idling
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
And the chain used is the mini 3/8 chain-Oregon #91 stamped on the drive links.Your Husky takes the full size 3/8 #72 chain