Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis. I have replaced bulb and fuel lines on a poulan

Customer Question

Hello Curtis. I have replaced bulb and fuel lines on a poulan pro 25cc pruning saw it will start and idle for about 15 seconds after sitting about 10 minutes. It has started twice while choke is in run position with trigger depressed and runs about 3 seconds. It seems like it seems like fuel isn't getting somewhere it is supposed to go. Is it worth spending the time repairing or just going to get a new trimmer?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! If the fuel lines and primer bulb are good, and it starts for a few seconds, the carburetor is problem. They are not expensive and can be bought off Ebay for cheap! I would replace the carburetor, but that would have to be your choice!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I have a couple of stihl trimmers and on husquavarna. Also I am need of a trimmer to run a blade. I have looked at the higher cc stihl 4 strokes I don't really need it for commercial work but it will be pretty busy as I just purchased a farm that is need of a lot of repair. Do you have any suggestions as to cc size to buy that will last longer?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I always hear that bigger is better! I would be looking for a Stihl or the Husquavarna over the (pullon), not my favorite!