Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a husqvarna yth2448, was running fine. Quit and flywheel

Customer Question

I have a husqvarna yth2448, was running fine. Quit and flywheel spins, but does not seem to engage engine
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! What is engine model number? Remove the spark plugs and hold finger with rag over the spark plug holes to see if you have compression. No compression, take a probe and feel for the pistons, see if the pistons are moving in the cylinders.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no compression, engine firing. All compression lost. You can turn the blades by pulling on the v belt with blades engaged.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you feel for the piston? If piston is moving, check the valves. If no piston movement, pistons are no longer in connection with the crankshaft!