Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Koehler CV25S runs on idle all day long but when you

Customer Question

I have a Koehler CV25S runs on idle all day long but when you speed it up maybe only 10 - 15 percent of throttle the engine stalls - keeps running but sounds like the exhaust valves are not closing Don't think that's happening If I slow it down again, turn the switch off on real quick, the engine is back to idle without killing, I think electrical to the carb?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The carburetor has an electric solenoid in it, that closes the main jet. Locate it, and remove the working end, the tip that close the jet, then test run. Solenoid has to have 12 volt as long as the key is on, and has to open as soon as key is turned on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I'll go try that - Thanks. What does that solenoid do anyway?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
It is anti-backfire solenoid , used to keep the engine from backfiring once when the key is turned off.