Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis, I have a pgt9000 and it will not start. I bought

Customer Question

Hi Curtis, I have a pgt9000 and it will not start. I bought a new battery and a new ignition switch but it seems to have lost connectivity. When I turn the key in the ignition switch I get nothing , no clicks, lights, nothing. I looked at the wiring harness and found what looks to be two relays, one right behind the gas tank and another under the seat next to the solenoid. I don't know how to tell if one of those may be bad though. I could find nothing that stood out as a fuse unless what I think are relays are fuses.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I found the fuse, I thought it was a relay. It was to the left of the battery box (20 amp automotive fuse) and it was blown. Now I just need to find out why it's blowing as soon as I put it in the first position of the key switch. All this first started as I was mowing and the pto cut out. I could switch the key from off to on very quickly and the pto would engage again for a few seconds or several minutes before it finally blew the fuse and the whole machine shut down. I kept searching till I found the shop manual for the pgt9000, that's what clued me as to the whereabouts of the fuse. Any ideas?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! When key is turned on , the fuel solenoid on the base of the carburetor, and the voltage regulator , mounted on the engine cover, get voltage. Unplug one, and test, if fuse blows, try the other one.